Friday, March 23, 2012

3/23/12: Two Weeks, 9 pounds!

Todays weigh in: 256.4

I am no longer posting my food/calorie intake here, I have it over at MyFitnessPal.com, and feel its kinda silly to post it all twice. If your interested in my food intake details, friend me there if your on it!!!

It's now 2 weeks into Dietbets "Last Supper" challenge, & I have lost about 9 pounds! While I would love to be 250 for the April 6th weigh in, I am so not worried about it. I should easily drop the last 2 pounds pretty to cross the goal line :D

That being said, I still have my 200 pounds by October goal... So I might not be as intense as I am for the challenge, but I will still be doing what needs to be done to shed the weight.

I bought some cool ankle weights to add 10 pounds to my workouts (putting my workouts at where I started 2 weeks ago). They are pretty comfortable, but at 5 pounds a leg, my body has definitly reacted to them. I walked home in them after I bought them and went about 2 miles with them on. I was definitly feeling the burn! I don't think I can use them with the treadmill at the moment, and I also might need to pull out some of the weights until my body gets used to them for now.

Speaking of working out, my primary source of exercise has been walking and the treadmill. I am happy to say, I can now keep up with the "weight loss" program on the machine. Its an easy 2.5 mph with a 5 degree incline followed by a 5mph with 0 degree incline. The timer sets at 30:00 to start and does 5 cycles. Adding time increases the lenght of that cycle, and doesnt add extra cycles to the end of the program. Its a low burn, but it feels good, and I'm sweating by the end of it. It doesnt sound like much, but at the start up rate, thats 15 mins of 5mph running, meaning its over a mile :)

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Mike Sisco is a karaoke DJ who has worked in the New York City area for over 12 years. Known as the "Velvet Voice of Competitive Eating," he has hosted a number of events for All-Pro Eaters up and down the East Coast, as well as in Canada. After weighing in at over 300 pounds, he became focused on dropping 100 pounds by October 2012. Currently, he is halfway to his goal which he has achieved through diet and exercise. He aims to run a 5K race in the near future.