Friday, March 30, 2012

3/30/2012: One Week to go!

3 weeks have passed since the begining of the Dietbet "Last Supper" Challenge. For me, it has been a bumpy ride the last week, between my knee and the kidney stones. Thankfully, the kidney stone has for the most part, passed. I am still drinking a lot of water, and of course taking flowmax to make sure I don't have another one any time soon.

As for the knee, it has its moments. If I don't push it too much, it is ok. Advil helps. I did get on the treadmill and did a LIGHT workout, a half hour at 3mph, holding on to the rail for support. But at least I got back there, eventually I plan to get back to where I was once my knee is back to being my friend.

I've been reading up on some ways to lose a quick 5 pounds in a week, and all the information seems to work for me (water, 1200 calories, etc.). While I am at the goal line, I really want to pass it just so there is no debate, that I have taken up the challenge and passed it with flying colors.

News about the guys from the All-Pro Challenge: Out of the 6 of us, Joel "The Cannon" and I have made it to completion, "Jammin" Joe & Todd "The Hungry Genius" are over half way there, and Big Will "The Champ" and Eric "Silo" are under 50%

As for Dietbet; I actually believe the social dieting works for me, While we have taken our pot shots back and forth, it was all in good fun, and we are actually quite supportive of each other! After the challenge, I plan to get some of my close friends together and do my part to rally the them for some weight loss :). While I like the All-Pro gang, I believe I need some closer interaction to be more motivated for the next round!!!

So today, some more light work on the treadmill, and continuing where I left off yesterday, diet wise. I have made it clear to my wife this is a VERY important week for me, as its the make or break to the end of the challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Mike Sisco is a karaoke DJ who has worked in the New York City area for over 12 years. Known as the "Velvet Voice of Competitive Eating," he has hosted a number of events for All-Pro Eaters up and down the East Coast, as well as in Canada. After weighing in at over 300 pounds, he became focused on dropping 100 pounds by October 2012. Currently, he is halfway to his goal which he has achieved through diet and exercise. He aims to run a 5K race in the near future.