Friday, March 9, 2012

Its time to start!

I had a great time in Times Square at Ripley's Believe It Or Not with the gang from Dietbet. Lots of people, lots of cameras and definitly lots of PIZZA! (wow those slices were huge!).

Now that all the glitz and fun parts are done, the real work begins.

I weighed in at 268, with my clothes on. Not bad, as I knew from my home scale I was at 265. I need to lose 11 pounds in 28 days. I figured I ate about 3 slices of your average pizza (I ate less then one for the contest, plus some pubicity eating, lol). Joel has to lose something similar, and Big Will needs to lose some 18-20 pounds.

After the event, my friend and I walked down from Times Square to Christopher St. No race walking, just casual looking about the city type. We then hopped on the F train at W4th and came back to Brooklyn. Prior to the gig, I used up some of my nervous energy on the treadmill for a little over a mile in a half hour. I would like to think I put paid to the pizza contest part by now.

Thinking ahead, I need to be careful about my eating habits. There is money, and more importantly bragging right in the All-Pro camp at stake. Sure these guys can wolf down more pizza faster and better then I can, but I want to win this event, for personal as well as to show them I'm not just the voice of competetive eating!

Let the game begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Mike Sisco is a karaoke DJ who has worked in the New York City area for over 12 years. Known as the "Velvet Voice of Competitive Eating," he has hosted a number of events for All-Pro Eaters up and down the East Coast, as well as in Canada. After weighing in at over 300 pounds, he became focused on dropping 100 pounds by October 2012. Currently, he is halfway to his goal which he has achieved through diet and exercise. He aims to run a 5K race in the near future.