Tuesday, April 3, 2012

4/3/2012: Every day is a food celebration!

Yesterday was a good day, as I feel I am starting to get back into my groove somewhat. Did some treadmill time, walked about with my buddy at the mall (Side note: NAP blankets from brookstone ROCK!), and stayed true to my diet goals.

Being honest here, I am crash dieting a little this week to maintain my weight for the challenge. But this week is HARD. So far, We had a huge brunch to honor a departed friend, a gathering to watch Game of Thrones. Next up, the return of Anne from her vacation, my anniversary (8 years of blissful wedded insanity), and Easter Sunday. In all these events, food is a factor that needs to be addressed. It seems that in todays society, you can't have 2 or more people in the same place without bringing out a food tray!! It also seems that every day we all have some need to celebrate something!

As for my own Dietbet challenge, we now have 8 people who are playing, and several others who are interested but cannot connect through the facebook page. Summer is coming and I figure that people want to rid themselves of a few pounds before you need to lose the bulky coats and all ;). It's an awesome time for everyone to get active now.

OK off I go to do my thing. Only 4 days left (or 6 if we go by our timeline)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Mike Sisco is a karaoke DJ who has worked in the New York City area for over 12 years. Known as the "Velvet Voice of Competitive Eating," he has hosted a number of events for All-Pro Eaters up and down the East Coast, as well as in Canada. After weighing in at over 300 pounds, he became focused on dropping 100 pounds by October 2012. Currently, he is halfway to his goal which he has achieved through diet and exercise. He aims to run a 5K race in the near future.